[meteorite-list] Happy 100th to Willamette

From: Paul Dudley <pdudley_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C27891.9A1A4880

A "... most interesting meteorite, noble in size and wonderful in =
physical features, was found near the border of Clackamas County, =
Oregon, in the autumn of 1902. " -- Henry A. Ward, 1904

On March 14, 1904, America's first great meteorite hunter presented a =
paper to the Rochester (NY) Academy of Science, which was subsequently =
published in its Proceedings. To commemorate the 100-year anniversary =
of the Willamette meteorite find, I have scanned what I believe to be =
the first scientific account and placed it on the RAS Website.

[Note: All of the photo plates are included at the end of the document, =
and will take awhile to load if you don't have a fast connection. The =
hyperlinks to the plates will take you to the corresponding plate; the =
links to figures will load cut-outs of just that figure. ]

http://rasny.org/Publications/Willamette/Willamette.htm

{Note: If you type the link above, it is case-sensitive and will not =
work if you don't capitalize exactly as shown.)

--Paul
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C27891.9A1A4880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>A "... most interesting meteorite, noble in size and wonderful in =
physical=20
features, was found near the border of Clackamas County, Oregon, in the =
autumn=20
of 1902. " -- Henry A. Ward, 1904</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On March 14, 1904, America's first great meteorite hunter presented =
a paper=20
to the Rochester (NY) Academy of Science, which was subsequently =
published in=20
its Proceedings.&nbsp; To commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the =
Willamette=20
meteorite find, I have scanned what I believe to be the first scientific =
account=20
and placed it on the RAS Website.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>[Note:&nbsp; All of the photo plates are included at the end of the =

document, and will take awhile to load if you don't have a fast=20
connection.&nbsp; The hyperlinks to the plates will take you to the=20
corresponding plate; the links to figures will load cut-outs of just =
that=20
figure.&nbsp;]</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://rasny.org/Publications/Willamette/Willamette.htm">http://r=
asny.org/Publications/Willamette/Willamette.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>{Note: If you type the link above, it is case-sensitive and will =
not work=20
if you don't&nbsp;capitalize exactly as shown.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--Paul</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C27891.9A1A4880--