[meteorite-list] recents news from nwa

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

aziz habibi wrote:

> please check http://fr.photos.yahoo.com/azizhabibi

Hello Habibi, hello List,

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. No need to
tell you that these beauties knock one's socks off!

> 2= howardites a 600 gr it look like nwa 1109 but this one
> is more dark grey nwa 1109 is more clair color

Maybe these howardite can be paired with NWA 982 which
also displays a darker gray color than NWA 1109.

> 3=new type of zag this 6300 gr has a nice black fresh
> crust and is very magnetic with no apparent chondrules,
> after i cut it look like a mixed texture of crystalised
> stone, i think its intersting for analysis.

Looking at picture #5: Could that be part of El Hammami?
But we all know how hard it is to tell from pictures.

> 4=wow its 12,5 kilos of a nice oriented and the best
> thumbprinted stone i have ever seen wonderful, ...

Something to dream about. Looks like the 27.3-kg Mbale main
mass, which has equally beautiful thumbprints and a similar
shape. Mbale is an L6 - for some meteoriticists an L5-6.

Best regards,

Bernd