[meteorite-list] Fireball?

From: Tom / james Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Hello List, I was taking the trash down tonight at 7:45 and noticed a large smoke trail or something. It did not look like a vapor trail from an airplane. I always look up, and have seen many a trails left by a plane. This looked different. It was one width the length of the Trail, and then it all started to spread out at the same time. Unlike a plane that would spread out at the end furthest from the plane. I live in Northern cal. and it was almost perfectly south to north. it looks to me it might of went to or came from S.F. So if any one hears of a fire ball report in N.Cal, please let me know. I have never seen a smoke trail from a fire ball so I might be way off, I don't know! Does this sound right?<BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks, Tom</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The proudest member of the I.M.C.A. #6168</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>