[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #8...Free Canyon Diablo

From: Deborah Martin <dak_mar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

--=====================_245984296==_.ALT

Since the contest specifies "meteorite hunting anywhere in the world", that
precludes my first choice: the Kuiper belt. Who knows what we could find
there
! In keeping with the limitations set by Mark, I would go on an extended tour
of the Canadian Prairies. There are a lot of meteorites still undiscovered in
the Alberta-Saskatchewan-manitoba belt (we do discover a couple every year or
so). Indeed, a great portion of the known Canadian meteorites were found by
farmers working on their land. Besides, I *love* visiting the Prairies.

Andre Bordeleau

At 06:40 PM 23/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Its Meteorite Contest #8. I havent given away any irons yet, so lets start
> with a classic. The prize in this contest is a 53 gram Canyon Diablo.
> To have a chance to win the Canyon Diablo...answer the following, borrowed
> from my archive of Meteorite Contest Ideals left over from Contest #6....
>
> If you could go meteorite hunting anywhere in the world, where would you go
> and why?
>
> Please send e-mail to the list, contest will be open till next monday.
>
> Thanks, Mark Bostick
>
> PS: I wouldnt go to Antarctica, way to cold...brrrr

--=====================_245984296==_.ALT

Since the contest specifies &quot;meteorite hunting anywhere in the
world&quot;, that precludes my first choice: the Kuiper belt.&nbsp; Who
knows what we could find there !&nbsp; In keeping with the limitations
set by Mark, I would go on an extended tour of the Canadian
Prairies.&nbsp; There are a lot of meteorites still undiscovered in the
Alberta-Saskatchewan-manitoba belt (we do discover a couple every year or
so).&nbsp; Indeed, a great portion of the known Canadian meteorites were
found by farmers working on their land.&nbsp; Besides, I *love* visiting
the Prairies.<br>
Andre Bordeleau<br>
At 06:40 PM 23/10/2002 -0500, you wrote: <br>
Its Meteorite Contest #8.&nbsp; I havent given away any irons yet, so
lets start with a classic.&nbsp; The prize in this contest is a 53 gram
Canyon Diablo.&nbsp; <br>
To have a chance to win the Canyon Diablo...answer the following,
borrowed from my archive of Meteorite Contest Ideals left over from
Contest #6....<br>
If you could go meteorite hunting anywhere in the world, where would you
go and why?&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
Please send e-mail to the list, contest will be open till next
monday.<br>
Thanks, Mark Bostick<br>
PS: I wouldnt go to Antarctica, way to cold...brrrr<br>