[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #8

From: J. Fox <jfox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

Hello all,

I was catching up on the list postings, and I think what would
absolutely be the greatest meteorite hunt would be a return to
Wabar. Although the site is now mostly covered by sand, I can
imagine the excitement of finding some new material being uncovered
as the winds of winter blow. It comparable to being in Antarctica
in remoteness, and has an allure all its own. I can just see myself
holding handfuls of beautiful Wabar pearls (left behind by the "women
of the harems"), and stumbling in a heat induced mind haze over a
huge piece of meteoritic iron.... (Excuse me while I look for my
beer. I know I put it down somewhere...)

Best regards,

Jon Fox