[meteorite-list] terrestrial processes on iron meteorites

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

Dear List,
   Does anyone know of references about the terrestrialization
processes of iron meteorites that leads to limonite, hematite or other
oxides of iron? I have examined samples from Hoba, Odessa, Lake Murray
and others. Is there any nickel content left after the weathering
process? Has anyone nickel tested any of these highly weathered
meteorites to find out?
If you have references or personal experience please reply. I would also
be interested in the highly weathered chondrites. Thank you.
Sincerely, Dirk Ross