[meteorite-list] pariah of the list

From: mafer_at_domafer.com <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

Hi List

Ok, I gots a pondering problem. And I'd like some feedback. I've tried to
etch some irons I have, to no avail, yet. I would like to know if anyone has
etched their own, and how polished are the slices? I've tried one I recieved
that was polished very brightly, and it is now just dull. So, I was also
working on another myself and ground it flat, then put it to the 1200 grit
and tried to etch it, but got nothing (it did look better than the piece I
had bought already polished though). I'm just about ready to say maybe my
nital isn't of the correct concentration, but before I dump it into the
waste bottle I like to hear some insight from others.
Mark