[meteorite-list] Bessey comment

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:21 2004

An enthusiastic Dave wrote:

> If this is the "worst of the bunch" then the other 39 folks
> got really really nice specimens. My BL15 is way better than
> the photo. Mine has it all. It's oriented and shows flow lines,
> rollover edge, and plenty of thumb prints. A personal thanks to
> Dean Bessey for bringing this truly nice NWA to all of us (40).

Hi Dave, BL-owners and List,

Welcome to the BL-Club :-) Your description says it all! Congrats
on this breathtaking specimen. I wanted to buy this one because of
its relatively low weight (which saves money) but "didn't like the
horizontal scar". Oh, well ...

> I normally dont buy NWA's for reasons we have shared on this list.

They are meteorites without a pedigree ... but does beauty need
a pedigree? They are meteorites. They have come from the same
places as their "decent" brethren w i t h a pedigree! My two
Euro-cents!

Best regards,

Bernd (BL #18)