[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite-list digest, Vol 1 #1329 - 15 msgs

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:22 2004

Rosemary's right... "Hmmmmm!"

Not really a very meteoritic subject except for the speculation that
maybe these fascinating
little critters came sliding into earth on a meteorite. Considering the
formidable toughness
ascribed to these microscopic buggers, it certainly seems reasonable,
except- I wonder if
they could survive millions of years in their hibernation state speeding
around the solar system
on (or in) their host meteorite (or- more than likely- their host comet-
from really deep space).

Fun to speculate, anyway.

Here's an excellent website if you'd care to learn more about them:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artjun00/mmbearp.html

Jerry Wallace
Odessa, Texas