[meteorite-list] One year ago

From: John Divelbiss <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:23 2004

Bernd, Matteo and Brothers and Sisters of this list,

One year ago our country was savagely and cowardly attacked. It was my first
experience of a so-called war that hit me "close to home". I did not lose a
family member or friend, but I cried just the same. Living here in the
middle of the 3 sites of the crashes was scary. The horrors we all witnessed
were reminders to me of my grandfather's stories of the trench battles, and
the great pain and suffering of WW 1. He left us last November at 106. He
always felt war was such a waste, but yet he was very patriotic and
supported our countries efforts to stop others from creating such terror and
grief. My father's stories of WW 2 were just as disturbing...he even had
horrific pictures that a friend of his took of the concentration camps.
Vietnam is a nightmare for many. All countires involved in these wars can
attest to the horror. People can be so cruel.

Let us not forget that fateful day last year. We all have to be diligent in
our daily lives, and possibly one day have to pay the great sacrifice to
stop the evil. I am ready if such an occurrence would present itself.

John

Reading, PA
USA