[meteorite-list] Help A Brother Out-Conflict Resolved

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:23 2004

Hello all-

This is long but please read the whole thing if you are in on this thread.

Further communication with those who flamed Mr. Arnold, and perhaps
generalized a bit much, has brought me to the decision to resume this thread
on Meteorite Central.

A few points of note:

1) Flame as you wish, but you best be clear as to the recipient. Certain
text in the posts earlier today spoke to me, whether they were directed at
me or not.

2) There is no way I will allow this sale to damage my reputation, methods,
integrity or intent. One more perceived insult and this moves to Yahoo. I am
already feeling like I walked back in after saying I'm gone, a tactic that
really pisses me off when I see folks quit and return in an attempt to gain
sympathy and resume the same old shit. That's it, one more time....gone. The
only reason I am resuming is at the urging of the very people I took issue
with to do so.

3) The seller is not a friend of mine, I have met him once but know him as
much as you do. He is a list member who asked for my help to run this sale
and he is throwing some bones my way to do so. This is factored into the
asking prices and is part cash and part inventory that he can repurchase
from me when financially sound again at no profit to myself. There is no
commission for myself on any donated material.

4) Stop sending me emails trying to guess who it is, many of you are playing
detective, none of you are right, and while it might be nice to send a
personal note of goodwill, he doesn't want it that way.

5) I broke my own protocol the other day by trying to push for a sellout,
ended up sending 3 emails. This will not happen again.

6) Steve Arnold...why are you mailing me for prices when you have all your
own financial shit to sort out?

7) I will continue to post updates daily with the pieces but by now you know
the thread so the introductory paragraphs will be left off. I will reply to
all emails sent to me, but anticipate the form letter format in many cases.

8) A simple off-list email to myself asking to discontinue is all that is
required to stop this, peacefully, and make a prepared move to Yahoo and
give list members ample time to sign up. Flame me on the list and we will
have words and waste other's time.

9) Finally, thank you. Thousands of dollars have been raised quickly. You
are all excellent customers and have made things pretty easy for me and have
paid very fast. Special thanks to those who have proofread the eBay listings
and notified me with gross errors. Again, I usually sell about 3 things a
week and plan to get back in that mode ASAP. Dean, Cottingham, Mark,
Farmer...how the hell do you do it? Further thanks to those of you that have
sent meteorites to me to sell on his behalf, that's what this list is about
in every way I have come to know it. The seller is updated every few days
and is very humbled by your generosity.

NOW LET'S GET BACK TO IT!!!

All of Tuesday has been moved to the Wednesday folder so have a look. Prices
will go up around 3pm Pacific and then you can have at them.

The micros did not sell as a set. A few of you jumped the gun and made
individual piece offers and the list as a whole was not doing this so all my
email from Tuesday is deleted and you will need to write again to secure
them. This gives everyone an equal shot and you may begin now. Sorry. List
of pieces tacked onto the bottom and I will update and run these for a
while.

eBay sales are closing daily now, offers after closing have been accepted
already. This is a very rare opportunity to pretty much name your price on
some really hot material.

I got a few emails on (4.. Yilmia EL6 Australia 3.13 gram fully crusted
slice $88) but nothing firm. Photo is in Monday's folder and if you want it
get back to me. It'll hit eBay Wednesday around 6pm Pacific if not.

Links:
Photo pages:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/robandcolleen11197/rlst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http

....and the eBay sales page
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/nakhladog/

MICROS FOR SALE ANYTIME:
Here we go, (*) indicates this is a fall

(*)Kernouve 0.71g H6 France $32
Zaklodzie 1.0g E? Poland $160
(*) Nanjemoy 0.9g H5 Maryland $25
(*)Vouille 1.5g L6 France $24