[meteorite-list] Terminal velocity of small falling objects

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:25 2004

Dear James, Piper, and List;
I still think that the way that a pea sized stone hits my car windshield
at 90 miles an hour and puts a very large star in that rather much
harder than my skin windshield, would tend to probably imbed it self in
my skin. Now if you want to talk about small very round objects and
velocities of 600-800 feet per second, why not just shoot your foot with
a bb gun. I have seen others do it and I choose to not do that. A bb
will go into the skin and muscle an inch with good penetration and less
with less.
Do the math, yah, just shoot your foot, but don't put your eye out!

Dave Freeman