[meteorite-list] Can-Am impact structure

From: Rothery Melvin <ann.melvin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:26 2004

--------------97F669574D9C983484F2ECB7

"One large structure, [the Can-Am impact crater], buried deep below
rocks of Layer II, [1km of Paleozoic rocks], and up to 50 km wide has
been identified at the south end of Lake Huron by aeromagnetic
methods.", Eyles, Nick, Ontario rocks; three billion years of
environmental change, Toronto: Fitzhenry & Whiteside; 2002, pp.113-115.
To the best of my knowledge, no drilling has yet been done and the site
remains only a possible.
David Skene-Melvin

--------------97F669574D9C983484F2ECB7

"One large structure, [the Can-Am impact crater], buried deep below rocks
of Layer II, [1km of Paleozoic rocks], and up to 50 km wide has been identified
at the south end of Lake Huron by aeromagnetic methods.", Eyles, Nick,
<i>Ontario rocks; three billion years of environmental change</i>, Toronto:
Fitzhenry &amp; Whiteside; 2002, pp.113-115.&nbsp; To the best of my knowledge,
no drilling has yet been done and the site remains only a possible.