[meteorite-list] Meteorites from Outside the Solar System

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:27 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C25F31.9F9B8180

There was a paper on that at the LPSC last year that had worked out some =
hypothetical odds. I think it's still on the net in the abstracts.
-Robert Beauford : )

Hello List Good Morning to all and happy day=A1=A1=A1. I was reading =
Rocks from=20
Space and looking at my collection, thinking about meteorites. In one =
part=20
of the book Norton says that asteroids in early solar system were =
perturbed=20
by Jupiter's gravity, sending them aoutside the solar system=A1...I =
thought a=20
bout that, there must be several asteroids from Earth that are wandering =
and=20
traveling somewhere there aoutside our solar system within out Milky=20
Way....If thats possible, maybe the other way is too=A1=A1=A1=A1.

This is what I mean, there are millions of stars in our Milky WAy, which =

thousands (and more=A1=A1) may have planets forming or formed, there are =
also=20
millions of dark bodies, and gas clouds, where asteroids or =
planetesimals=20
may be forming, well if a star passes near one of them or just another =
big=20
planet, they might be millions of pieces of rock wandering our Milky =
WAy,=20
what are the chances of one entering the solar system, making its way=20
through Earth and more important what chracteristics should it=20
show?????...Is there any expert on this topic that can answer this, =
maybe=20
they have an older isotopic record, but the isotopes and daughter maybe =
are=20
destroyed after several million years, do we have any chances to idenify =
an=20
intruder from outside the Solar System??????

Maybe we have a meteorite from Outside the Solar System in our =
collections,=20
but we don't know, maybe we should look closer and remenber that next =
time=20
we hold a NWA meteorite. Thats what I like of NWA meteorites, we never =
know=20
what have they seen=A1=A1=A1=A1

Rafael B. Torres
2001 Space Collection
http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C25F31.9F9B8180

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There was a paper on that at the LPSC last year that =
had=20
worked out some hypothetical odds.&nbsp; I think it's still on the net =
in the=20
abstracts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>-Robert Beauford&nbsp; : )</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello List Good Morning to all and happy =
day=A1=A1=A1. I was reading=20
Rocks from <BR>Space and looking at my collection, thinking about =
meteorites. In=20
one part <BR>of the book Norton says that asteroids in early solar =
system were=20
perturbed <BR>by Jupiter's gravity, sending them aoutside the solar =
system=A1...I=20
thought a <BR>bout that, there must be several asteroids from Earth that =
are=20
wandering and <BR>traveling somewhere there aoutside our solar system =
within out=20
Milky <BR>Way....If thats possible, maybe the other way is =
too=A1=A1=A1=A1.<BR><BR>This=20
is what I mean, there are millions of stars in our Milky WAy, which=20
<BR>thousands (and more=A1=A1) may have planets forming or formed, there =
are also=20
<BR>millions of dark bodies, and gas clouds, where asteroids or =
planetesimals=20
<BR>may be forming, well if a star passes near one of them or just =
another big=20
<BR>planet, they might be millions of pieces of rock wandering our Milky =
WAy,=20
<BR>what are the chances of one entering the solar system, making its =
way=20
<BR>through Earth and more important what chracteristics should it=20
<BR>show?????...Is there any expert on this topic that can answer this, =
maybe=20
<BR>they have an older isotopic record, but the isotopes and daughter =
maybe are=20
<BR>destroyed after several million years, do we have any chances to =
idenify an=20
<BR>intruder from outside the Solar System??????<BR><BR>Maybe we have a=20
meteorite from Outside the Solar System in our collections, <BR>but we =
don't=20
know, maybe we should look closer and remenber that next time <BR>we =
hold a NWA=20
meteorite. Thats what I like of NWA meteorites, we never know <BR>what =
have they=20
seen=A1=A1=A1=A1<BR><BR><BR>Rafael B. Torres<BR>2001 Space =
Collection<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando">http://www.geocities.com/=
rafael_blando</A><BR><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C25F31.9F9B8180--