[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #7 - Free 2.3g Tatahoine

From: Steven Schoner <american_meteorite_survey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:28 2004

Having been a National Park Service ranger at Sunset
Crater Volcano for many years one of the things that
got very old was the confusion between "Meteor Crater"
and "Sunset Crater"

Often we would be asked, "Where is the crater?" and
how was that mountain (the volcano) formed by a
meteor?

No relation-- obviously...

Well, one day after who knows how many questions as to
where is the "meteor crater"... I got this from one
visitor.

"Is this place where the volcano hit and formed a huge
crater a mile wide..."

Needless to say, I roared out laughing, after
experiencing years of the "Sunset-Meteor Crater
confusion"

The visitor was straight faced, not comprehending my
amusement.

Steve Schoner