[meteorite-list] a true story about meteorite hunting!

From: James_TOM Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:28 2004

<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I have it on good authority that this is a true story, The names have been omitted because the two collectors are probably on the List.</P>
<P>Two meteorite collectors (&nbsp;you can picture any two collectors on the list) went to the&nbsp;Morocco to hunt for meteorites.&nbsp;When they arrived they rented the last camel Avis rent a camel had. They road through the desert all day and only found one small stone, I believe it was an ordinary chondrite probably an L-5.&nbsp;When night&nbsp;time fell,&nbsp;they set up their camp. When they woke up the next day they were surrounded by sleeping Nomads and hundreds of camels. Wanting an early start they set off to find their camel, but all the camels looked the same! One of the collectors said I know, our camel is different than the rest of the camels and started to walk along and lift all of the camels tails. The other collector asked " what are you doing"? The first collector responded; Yesterday when we passed some Nomads I heard on of them say " look at the two A_ _ - holes on that camel!<BR><BR><BR>Tom</P>
<DIV></DIV>