[meteorite-list] UFO Commentary is Verboten

From: EL Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:30 2004

<head>
</head>
 Rosemary Hackney wrote:<br>
space ship that "exploded" above Siberia. </font></div>
"Allusions" of "Illusions" that are more like hallucinations..... <br>
There are many legitimate reasons for not addressing such off topics, and
we legitimately close to door to UFO here unless it is quoted in a report
adjunct to an identification of a fireball , or if "UFO" is used in original
meaning not associated with spacemen/ saucers &nbsp;etc. &nbsp;I remind the list that
"UFO" machinations are one of the specific topics forbidden here. &nbsp; There
are ample lists elsewhere to debate the unprovable.<br>
I am not prejudice against UFie's&nbsp; but feel that UFO talk is fruitless with
respect to meteorites.&nbsp; &nbsp;The door is closed here because to a "UFie",&nbsp; EVERY
meteor/fireball is a crashing space ship and they go on ad nasueum in discussion,
ignoring the observable facts. They believe what they believe in spite of
other less romantic more mundane evidence. &nbsp; UFO discussion groups stack
evidence with non evidence in piles supporting their conclusions and discard
evidence to the contrary. &nbsp; So no personal ping on this Rosemary. &nbsp;In this
case, if I were debating, I'd ask questions about&nbsp; assumptions of facts which
are not in evidence-- &nbsp;e.g. Who recovered the flight data/voice recorders
and determined the crew's intentions? <br>
Regards,<br>
Thanks, and Just wanted to nip this in the bud<br>
Elton<br>