[meteorite-list] NWA 1109: Eucrite or Howardite??

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:30 2004

Dear list:

I recently obtained a sample of NWA 1109 from Greg and Adam Hupe via
ebay auction( thanks guys, very nice piece!). In the auction
description it states that NWA 1109 is either a "mineral rich polymict
eucrite breccia or a howardite." The specimen card accompanying the
sample states eucrite. Yet it is also the case that both Michael Farmer
and Erich Haiderer, on their respective websites, describe NWA 1109 as a
howardite. And, Steve Arnold of IMB, in a recent post to his private
email group, offered an individual of NWA 1109 which he described as a
howardite. Hence my obvious question: has a final classification been
obtained, and if so, is it a eucrite or a howardite?

Regards,
Charlie