[meteorite-list] NEW meteorite

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:30 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C263B7.E5D4F8E0

Hello everyone, I have been very quiet lately, just catching up on =
family time with my wife.=20
Denver was a little slow, lots of fun though. I was there from Tuesday =
until Friday, so unfortunately I missed the auction and party.=20
    There were of course many nice meteorites out there, just not enough =
money to buy them all.=20
One thing I did pick up was a new meteorite.=20
This stone weighs 1676 grams, and was found in July in the Campo del =
Cielo strewnfield. It was found on the surface and the hunters thought =
that it was a Campo graphite nodule. Hans Koser told me about it in =
August and that he thought it might be Campo. He had it so when I say it =
in Denver, I knew it was a chondrite. I bought it from him and cut it =
when I got home, it is a very beautiful chondrite, high metal, few =
chondrules but those are armored. The stone has many plow cuts, so it =
has been hit many times. It is under analysis now in Russia, should =
have the data very quickly.=20
While it is only a chondrite, it is finally a new meteorite from =
anywhere but Northwest Africa.

Ill have photos on my website later today.=20

PS, I updated my website all over with many new meteorites, nice =
Tenhams, new NWA irons, etc. Check them out, some great items!=20
Mike Farmer
http://www.meteoritehunter.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C263B7.E5D4F8E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello everyone, I have been very quiet =
lately, just=20
catching up on family time with my wife. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Denver was a little slow, lots of fun =
though. I was=20
there from Tuesday until Friday, so unfortunately I missed the auction =
and=20
party. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There were of course =
many nice=20
meteorites out there, just not enough money to buy them all. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One thing I did pick up was a new =
meteorite.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This stone weighs 1676 grams, and was =
found in July=20
in the Campo del Cielo strewnfield. It was found on the surface and the =
hunters=20
thought that it was a Campo graphite nodule. Hans Koser told me about it =
in=20
August and that he thought it might be Campo. He had it so when I say it =
in=20
Denver, I knew it was a chondrite. I bought it from him and cut it when =
I got=20
home, it is a very beautiful chondrite, high metal, few chondrules but =
those are=20
armored. The stone has many plow cuts, so it has been hit many times. =
&nbsp;It=20
is under analysis now in Russia, should have the data very quickly.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>While it is only a chondrite, it is =
finally a new=20
meteorite from anywhere but Northwest Africa.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ill have&nbsp;photos on my website =
later today.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS, I updated my website all over with =
many new=20
meteorites, nice Tenhams, new NWA irons, etc. Check them out, some great =
items!=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoritehunter.com">http://www.meteoritehunter.com</A=