[meteorite-list] Re: UFO Commentary is Nicht Verboten

From: EL Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:31 2004

In all sincerity, I humbly and rightly stand corrected. In retrospect
it is probably the Meteor Observers group which had that restriction....
 My Bad.... Thank you for the kind chastisement. I'll endeavor to
rely more on my archive text than faulty memories of flame wars past. I
remembered the administrator's admonishment but it was the wrong
administrator. UFO subject matter hadn't appeared on this list in so
long I confused the list I was addressing. The aforementioned,
imaginary, list policy has been discredited and removed from the head of
the undersigned. My emotional maturity had nothing to do with any
opinion over the existence of alien life nor its discussion here at
Meteorite Central. To prove it, I ask forgiveness of anyone who thought
I was intruding in list policy, it was done so in error.

Public apologies to Rosemary; whom I've have already apologized to in
private and asked to reconsider her decision to leave, and the list at
large, to Michael, and the Association and the Academy (of Science)
 etc. , and anyone else who was offended my my error. For the record I
tried to make it clear that it wasn't a dig at Rosemary and wasn't
meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It was not intended to suppress
legitimate historical or mythical interpretations of the event in question.

On a more humorous tone, I stand aside. Let the close encounter
accounts begin. Because this is an open topic let me be the first: I
have some un-identifiable material, of unearthly origin,analyzed, by an
unknown but reputable lab"- that was recovered from BOTH an undisclosed
location near both "Area 51" AND the Roswell Crash Site (sic)( Yeah I
know, one is in Nevada and the other is in New Mexico but what's a
little 800 mile strewn field discrepancy for something this important)
which was extracted from crash site debris by an un-known top secret
government scientist and given to a un-known brother to smuggle to an
un-known mother of an un-known friend who sold it from an un-known
Souvenir stand at Burning Man--to another personally known friend who
showed it to me because I was interested in meteorites (<-meteorite
related) And gee...I missidentified it as a melted melted 7-UP bottle
enclosed in a melted Clorox bottle... So not the first blunder I've
made. With provinance like we have I don't know why I don't already
have it on Ebay or turned over to the National Enquirer.

Back to my corner for my nightly self flagulation,
Elton

Michael L Blood wrote:

> Hi El & all,
> I do not have any idea where you came up with your statement,
> "I remind the list that "UFO" machinations are one of the specific
> topics forbidden here." (cited in full context below), but I am afraid
> you are badly misinformed as to the actual list policies. Following are
> the list policies: <clip>

Not "badly" I only missed one out of 9 or 10 ....ej