[meteorite-list] Re: TEKTITES!! ....METEORITES OR JUST GLASS Obsidian

From: thornysahuaro <thornysahuaro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:31 2004

Elton, Thanks for the explanation. It amazes me how knowledgeable the
members of this list are and how willing you are to share that knowledge.
Now, one more question. If I'm out collecting Apache Tears and I should
pick up a Tektite, how would I know the difference? If I happened to put
that tektite into the tumbler with a batch of Apache Tears would there be
any obvious differences when polished?
Art Brasher