[meteorite-list] Help A Brother Out - Endgame

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:32 2004

Here's the last of it, I think.

These are the images, links, and descriptions for the pieces for sale on
Saturday and Sunday.

No offers accepted today but feel free to email me with any questions.

The post will go out at noon Pacific both days and then it's the usual
free-for-all.
Time zone table, use "Los Angeles" for myself
http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/World_Time/Clock.ASP

These days you may send an email for Meteorite A -OR- Meteorite B, so
include runner up choices if you can only afford one.
I will accomodate the first one you list as the first priority, and so on.

You may, of course, buy as many as you like.

All images are Hi Res, click the thumbnail to get the photo, click the photo
for Hi Res

Both days I will be unable to reply until ~8:00pm Pacific Time so you're
gonna have to hold your breath.

SATURDAY - THE RARE

Bandung
LL6
Fell Dec 10, 1871
Java, Indonesia
This is a 25.3 gram fragment priced at $280

Braunau
IIA Hexahedrite
Fell 1847
Trutnov, Czechloslovakia
This is a polish partslice with one natural edge showing Neuman Lines priced
at $210

Mauerkirchen
L6
Fell Nov 20, 1768
Oberosterreich, Austria
This is a 1.7 gram fragmentpriced at $285

Marjalahti
Pallasite
Fell June 1 1902
Karelia, Russia
This is a 18.9 gram thin slice with abundant translucent olivine and one
natural edge priced at $665

Vavilovka
LL6
Fell June 19, 1876
Khersons'ka, Ukraine
This is a 9.6 gram polished thin complete slice with fusion crust all the
way around priced at $295

Khmelevka
L5
Fell March 1, 1929
Omskaya, Russia
This is a 11.7 gram polished thin complete slice with fusion crust all the
way around priced at $225

Elenovka
L5
Fell Oct. 9, 1951
Donets'ka, Ukraine
This piece is a thin polished partslice with crust along the rounded edge
priced at $252

-------------------------

SUNDAY - THE PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Oubari
LL6
Fezzan, Libya
30.30 gram fragment with one spot of crust. Very solid specimen with great
texture from exposed chondrules
Museum National D'Histoire Naturell
(listed on acrd as an LL4)
No numbers present on specimen
$350

Maralinga
CK5
South Australia
2.2 gram partslice with one edge of crust. Non-crusted edge bearing #MR002,
collection unknown
$175

Norton County
AUB
Fell Feb 18, 1948
Norton County Kansas
11.67 gram fragment bearing collection #N.299
Institute of Meteoritics, UNM specimen card
Michael Farmer Specimen Card
$420

Stannern
AEUC
Fell May 22, 1808
This is a 8.3 gram fresh fragment with glossy fusion crust bearing #2.
Fragmented along numbers
>From "Paris Museum"
Cosmic Matter Specimen card
$560

Agen
H5
Fell Sept. 5, 1814
0.85 gram fragment with some crust
Old TCU label #489
No numbers on specimen
$70

Tucson
UNGR
Pima County, Arizona
This is a polished bar weighing 2.229 grams.
Macovich Collection specimen card
This is perfect size for the Riker frame that is in the Riker Frames folder
$450

Ausson
L5
Fell Dec 9, 1858
Haute Garonne, France
This is a 0.61 gram fragment
Old TCU label #484
No numbers on specimen
$35

Bjburbole
L/LL4
Fell March 12, 1899
Nyland, Finland
This is a massive 116.3 gram fagment
Macovich Collection specimen card
$385

Coolidge
C3.8
Hamilton Co. Kansas
This is a squared, polished partslice with one crusted edge weighing 10.15
grams
BMNH "off BM 1959,845" 118.73g specimen card
BMNH "off BM 1959,845" 10.15 grams specimen card
No numbers on specimen
$1000

Tenham
L6
Fell Spring 1879
Queensland, Australia
This a an oriented 49.5 gram fragment with full crust (primary and
secondary) and slight rollover lipping
Defaced painted numbers ?AML? #43...
JM Dupont Collection specimen card
$400

MONDAY - THE LEFTOVERS
One final shot at the pieces that have not sold on eBay or here. Any pieces
left will go to eBay or back into the owners collection.
I will post at noon.

Links:
Photo pages:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/robandcolleen11197/rlst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http