[meteorite-list] Tektite looking objects found in Park Forest

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:01 2004

I would like to see the analysis of the microtektites. Since the meteorite
smashed through a (probably asphalt shingled) roof, complete with tar,
roofing pebbles, and any other debris accumulated there, they might be
roofing-material tektites. I can't imagine enough heat being generated by
the small stones found so far to create tektites in the classic sense; i.e.,
molten earth and rock. Now if they were from the ablation train, that's a
whole 'nother story!

Tracy Latimer