[meteorite-list] Tektites

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:01 2004

--part1_18d.17ffdb7a.2bbcf957_boundary

  Adam, List,
 It would stand to reason that if these are in fact a part of the fall, they
will be magnetic, is this the case? If so, I would propose that they are
remnants of the formation of the crust, that were caught up in the stones
fall, following it to its destination, perhaps in an 'eddy' area behind the
stone.
 As far as the shingle thing goes, I have climbed upon the roof and examined
the material, no tektites here! (but there is some cool stuff!) Of course
that does not discount that theory completely.
 They do look like miniatures of my tektite collection. Discovery is not
impossible!
Always Optimistic;-)
Larry

--part1_18d.17ffdb7a.2bbcf957_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">&nbsp; Adam, List,<BR>
 It would stand to reason that if these are in fact a part of the fall, they=
 will be magnetic, is this the case? If so, I would propose that they are re=
mnants of the formation of the crust, that were caught up in the stones fall=
, following it to its destination, perhaps in an 'eddy' area behind the ston=
e.<BR>
 As far as the&nbsp; shingle thing goes, I have climbed upon the roof and ex=
amined the material, no tektites here! (but there is some cool stuff!) Of co=
urse that does not discount that theory completely.<BR>
 They do look like miniatures of my tektite collection. Discovery is not imp=
ossible!<BR>
Always Optimistic;-)<BR>
Larry</FONT></HTML>

--part1_18d.17ffdb7a.2bbcf957_boundary--