[meteorite-list] Portales Valley and Park Forest

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:02 2004

--- Sharkkb8_at_aol.com wrote:

> Yes. But when I buy shares in Microsoft or General
> Motors and the price goes
> down (true story ;-) I can't really complain to the
> corporation and ask for
> my money back, now can I? I can only sell it for
> wherever the price goes, up
> or down, and be a smarter investor each time.
> That's part of the risk of
> participating in a MARKET. If you're looking for no
> volatility and
> unchanging prices, maybe markets (meteorite or
> stock) are not the right fit
> for you.

But to me is not a lot pleases see some material
gained with my money sweat, go in ruin for fault of a
person that decides to change the prices from a day to
the other one.

> So, tell me. We all know you are very unhappy when
> prices go down (join the
> club), especially after investing in a meteorite, to
> re-sell. What happens
> when you invest in a meteorite, and the price that
> buyers are willing to pay
> goes UP dramatically? Do you charge the new, higher
> going-rate? (If not,
> I'll be selling my shares in
> "mcomemeteorite, inc", too. ;-)>

> But answer my question: what if this same meteorite
> fell not in Piemonte,
> but in the Foro Romano, same day, and all of Roma
> was in an uproar over it?
> Would you be able to buy 200 grams for $600? If
> not, why not? Same
> material.....

not same material, one is a found another is a fall,
but here the people not interested many in meteorites,
if is find from a person ask to you a lot of money, if
this is faind from a normaly farmerman, probably gift
to you the rock.

> OK, please put me on the top of the waiting list,
> for two grams of Shergotty,
> at $1,000/gram. SERIOUSLY.

If I have....

> It's pretty easy to say that you'd sell it for
> $1,000/gram, Matteo, when you
> don't have any. By the way, I'LL sell it for $500
> per gram

500/gr. for a historical SNC? And for a Nakhla what
price you ask?

........but I
> don't have any either. ;-)
>
> Gregory

now I go to bed.....night

Matteo

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/