[meteorite-list] Good bye List

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:03 2004

Hello Tom, Walter, Mike, Ken, and List members,

Walter wrote: "Exactly. Knowledge and enjoyment (fun)
are what's important. Not what is sitting on
your shelf or display case."

I could not agree with that thought more then I do.

I would also like to encourage you Tom, not to leave the list or the hobby.
I fact I would hate to see the day when the list was only composed of those
that spend large amounts of money on meteorites. The power of this list has
always been its diversity.

While the price of Park Forest can be somewhat saddening, one does not have
to worry about meteorites running dry anytime soon or that meteorite bargins
will not be present in the future. Personally, I would rather have a 2 kilo
NWA then a 10g slice of Part Forest. I often find purchasing an old
meteorite book to be a better bargin then a meteorite itself.

Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"
www.MeteoriteArticles.com