[meteorite-list] Good bye List

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:04 2004

Tom,

You and I have a bond already with our trade. I'm not going tell you to stay
on the list. I'm sure many people interested in meteorites do not subscribe to,
or read much of the list. They probably get their news from friends and
associates. Obviously, one would not be getting the daily details of the
recovery and subsequent sales of US fall if they were not connected to the
list. Then again, it is a first time for such a thing at this level of
reporting.

Each one of us collects for their own reasons, and is usually a collector of
more things than just the buying or trading of meteorites. Often the
individual is a field collector of those other items or both. For me it is
igneous and metamorphic rocks. For others it is minerals, or arrowheads, etc.
I always encourage that one finds/elevates his passion by going out into the
field itself for collecting. Those who have dropped everything at great
expense to go to Chicago know that feeling. Fortunately for you ...the deserts
of Arizona await you. You have a Gold Basin of your own to prove it.

You could stay close to the study of meteorites by field work and/or by
reading books, web articles or web pages. If the list does depress you for
now, then find the passion in other ways. You'll have more time by not looking
at the list.

If you stay away...please keep in touch with some of us.

Take care,

John