[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Round Two - Mike and Adam and the rest!

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:05 2004

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C2FD20.50148CA0

Dear List,

I was upset by this posting and thought about it long and hard before =
deciding to reply.

Mark made the following statement:
You are all children, your behavior is ridiculous. Do not any of you say =
anything about passion over meteorites as that would only embarrass you =
further. It is all about the money and it is obvious to anyone on this =
list with one ounce of sense....something you will never have.

I would normally take this as a personal attack but understand when =
somebody is upset they may make comments they sometimes do not mean. I =
personally did not engage in name calling in any of my posts directed at =
any particular individual but here I am being compared to the following:

Acting like child
Do not have an ounce of sense=20
Behavior is ridiculous
Its all about money

Mark, I would say you are engaging in the same thing you are accusing us =
of doing by making these comments. As far as the money thing goes you =
can accuse Ninninger of the same thing. He used money to entice farmers =
into looking for meteorites. It is a proven method that has been used =
by successful meteorite hunters since they became collectable. If these =
stones were worthless than what would be the point of collecting them? =
If nomads were not rewarded with money for finding meteorites how many =
Martian or Lunar stones would be available to collectors and scientists?

Another statement made by Mark:
You should all be ashamed of yourselves, you make a mockery of the true =
meteorite lovers on this list with your childish pissing matches. The =
fact that you waste our time and Arts bandwidth should mean all of your =
expulsions from this list. This stupid one-upmanship crap is so =
ignorant. You all need time alone in a room that locks...say 3 years, =
maybe then you might truly understand something. You all used to jump on =
Casper and Bessey....at least they were up front about their true =
nature.

I never jumped on Casper or Bessey about their behavior. As far as the =
one-upmanship goes I think healthy competition is a good thing. If we =
were not able to compete what fun would it be finding these things. If =
we did not have a passion for these things we would not look for them. =
I think the proper thing to do if you are upset by all of this is to =
report it to Art and let him decide who should use the list and who =
should be thrown off, this is not your decision. =20

Other comments made by Mark:
Take this crap elsewhere....and do not even try to say that it was =
SUPPOSED to be private. My 9 year old son figured out how to keep emails =
private FOUR YEARS AGO

This is not your private forum for your petty bickering....take it back =
to the sand box.

In my opinion you all need to learn what collecting meteorites is all =
about....Time to evolve.

When things were getting a little personal I suggested the following =
before you made your outrageous and in my opinion unnecessary posting.

Sorry for the waste of List bandwidth but since Mike is addressing these =
issues in a public forum I felt I needed to reply.

I do not feel this bickering is going to solve any problems so I will =
take these issues up in private if anybody has any concerns.

Final Notes:
I love meteorites.
I do not hold animosity against anybody on this list including Mike and =
Mark.
I will try not to get involved in this kind of posting again because it =
is unnecessary.
I will try to do what is best for meteoritics as a whole, not satisfy an =
individuals needs.
I will continue to try to strike a balance between the scientific =
community and collectors.

Wishing everybody well,

Adam Hupe

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C2FD20.50148CA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear List,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was upset by this posting and thought =
about it=20
long and hard before deciding to reply.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Mark made the following=20
statement</STRONG>:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You are all children, your behavior is =
ridiculous.=20
<STRONG>Do not any of you say anything about passion </STRONG>over =
meteorites as=20
that would only embarrass you further. It is all about the money and it =
is=20
obvious to anyone on this list with one ounce of sense....something you =
will=20
never have.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would normally take this as a personal attack but understand when =

somebody is upset they may make comments they sometimes do not =
mean.&nbsp; I=20
personally did not engage in name calling in any of my posts directed at =
any=20
particular individual but here I am being compared to the =
following:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Acting like child</DIV>
<DIV>Do not have an ounce of sense&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Behavior is ridiculous</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Its all about money</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mark, I would say you are engaging in =
the same=20
thing you are accusing us of doing by making these comments.&nbsp; As =
far as the=20
money thing&nbsp;goes you can accuse Ninninger of the same thing.&nbsp; =
He used=20
money to entice&nbsp;farmers into looking for meteorites.&nbsp; It is a =
proven=20
method that has been used by&nbsp;successful meteorite hunters since =
they became=20
collectable.&nbsp; If these stones were worthless than what would be the =
point=20
of collecting them?&nbsp; If nomads were not rewarded with money for =
finding=20
meteorites how many Martian or Lunar stones would be available to =
collectors and=20
scientists?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Another statement made by=20
Mark:</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You should all be ashamed of =
yourselves, you make a=20
mockery of the true meteorite lovers on this list with your childish =
pissing=20
matches. The fact that you waste our time and Arts bandwidth should mean =
all of=20
your expulsions from this list. This stupid one-upmanship crap is so =
ignorant.=20
You all need time alone in a room that locks...say 3 years, maybe then =
you might=20
truly understand something. You all used to jump on Casper and =
Bessey....at=20
least they were up front about their true nature.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I never jumped on Casper or Bessey =
about their=20
behavior.&nbsp; As far as the one-upmanship goes I think healthy =
competition is=20
a good thing.&nbsp; If we were not able to compete what fun would it be =
finding=20
these things.&nbsp; If we did not have a passion for these =
things&nbsp;we would=20
not look for them.&nbsp; I think the proper thing to do&nbsp;if you are =
upset by=20
all of this is to report it to Art and let him decide who should use the =
list=20
and who should be thrown off, this is not your decision.&nbsp; &nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><STRONG>Other comments made=20
by Mark:</STRONG></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Take this =
crap=20
elsewhere....and do not even try to say that it was SUPPOSED to be =
private. My 9=20
year old son figured out how to keep emails private FOUR YEARS=20
AGO</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is not your private forum for your =
petty=20
bickering....take it back to the sand box.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In my opinion you all need to learn =
what collecting=20
meteorites is all about....Time to evolve.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>When things were getting a =
little personal=20
I suggested the following before you made your outrageous and in my =
opinion=20
unnecessary posting.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sorry for the waste of List =
bandwidth but since=20
Mike is addressing these issues in a public forum I felt I needed to=20
reply.</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I do not =
feel this=20
bickering is going to solve any problems so I will take these issues up =
in=20
private if anybody has any concerns.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>Final =
Notes:</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I love meteorites.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I do not hold animosity against anybody =
on this=20
list including Mike and Mark.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will try not to get involved in this =
kind of=20
posting again because it is unnecessary.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will try to do what is best for =
meteoritics as a=20
whole, not satisfy an individuals needs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will continue to try to strike a =
balance between=20
the scientific community and collectors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wishing everybody well,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: =
0px">&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C2FD20.50148CA0--