[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Too much for us to handle right now

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:06 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0570_01C2FE1B.7B66C520

Dear List Members,

We were looking forward to a good distraction but Park Forest has proven =
to be too much. We are falling way behind on other projects such as =
specimen preparation, writing articles, cataloging several collections, =
submitting samples for lab studies, trades, major new meteorite web site =
development and expedition planning. We will honor the deals we have =
with the collectors who expressed an interest in purchasing specimens of =
Park Forest from us up to this point in time. All samples we are going =
to sell should be prepared by Thursday. =20

In the interest of getting caught up we will have Michael Blood =
Meteorites represent Park Forest specimens for us. As everybody knows =
Michael is an honest dealer who takes good care of his customers. Do =
not get us wrong, Park Forest is neat, the problem is we just do not =
enough time to pursue sales of this fantastic new meteorite. We have =
personally answered over 300 emails regarding this material, talked =
hours on the phone, spent days in the field and have had two saws =
running day and night preparing this material.=20

We have worn out 10 blades on our automated Isomet wafering saw at a =
cost of $380.00 a blade. We ran out of blade stock for this saw because =
we can only get about 20 cuts per blade, then the process becomes too =
slow because the blades loose their sharpness. We normally reserve this =
saw for thin-section and planetary cuts but the need to cut with alcohol =
has forced us to bring this saw online. The other saw we are using that =
is set up for alcohol wastes too much material because of the minimal =
blade thickness of .018 and needs constant babysitting to make sure the =
reservoir does not run dry possibly resulting in an explosion. At least =
you will know that the material you purchase from Michael Blood was =
properly prepared. One dealer questioned us about our equipment's =
capability to perform cuts using alcohol. We will be happy to email =
anybody who has doubts a picture of the saws we used to prepare these =
specimens. It is too bad we have been put into a position where we =
need to defend our preparation practices which were never questioned =
until this fall. We were taught by one of the best, AL Lang who =
prepares specimens for museums all over the planet in his world class =
facilities.=20

Thank you for your patience regarding Park Forest. We are looking =
forward to getting caught up on other meteoritic projects if this is a =
possibility.

Wishing everybody success in their endeavors.

Adam Hupe

 =20

------=_NextPart_000_0570_01C2FE1B.7B66C520

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear List Members,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We were looking forward to a good =
distraction but=20
Park Forest has proven to be too much.&nbsp; We are falling way behind =
on other=20
projects such as specimen preparation, writing articles, cataloging =
several=20
collections, submitting samples for lab studies,&nbsp;trades, major new=20
meteorite web site development and expedition planning.&nbsp;&nbsp;We =
will honor=20
the deals we have with the&nbsp;collectors who&nbsp;expressed an =
interest in=20
purchasing specimens of Park Forest from us up to this point in time. =
All=20
samples we are going to sell should be prepared by Thursday.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the interest of getting caught up we =
will have=20
Michael Blood Meteorites represent Park Forest specimens for us.&nbsp; =
As=20
everybody knows Michael is an honest dealer who takes good care of his=20
customers.&nbsp; Do not get us wrong, Park Forest is&nbsp;neat, the =
problem is=20
we just do not enough time to pursue sales of this fantastic new=20
meteorite.&nbsp; We have personally&nbsp;answered over 300 emails =
regarding this=20
material, talked hours on the phone, spent days in the field and have =
had two=20
saws running day and night&nbsp;preparing this =
material.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We have worn out 10 blades on our =
automated Isomet=20
wafering saw at a cost of $380.00 a blade.&nbsp; We ran out of blade =
stock for=20
this saw because we can only get about 20 cuts per blade, then the =
process=20
becomes too slow because&nbsp;the blades loose their sharpness.&nbsp; We =

normally reserve this saw for thin-section and planetary cuts but the =
need to=20
cut with alcohol has forced us to bring this saw online.&nbsp; The other =

saw&nbsp;we are using that is set up for alcohol wastes too much =
material=20
because of the minimal blade thickness of .018 and needs constant =
babysitting to=20
make sure the reservoir does not run dry possibly resulting in an=20
explosion.&nbsp; At least you will know that the material you purchase =
from=20
Michael Blood was properly prepared.&nbsp; One dealer questioned us =
about our=20
equipment's capability to&nbsp;perform cuts using alcohol.&nbsp; We will =
be=20
happy to email anybody who has doubts a picture&nbsp;of the saws we used =
to=20
prepare these specimens.&nbsp;&nbsp; It is too bad we have been put into =
a=20
position where we need to defend our preparation practices which were =
never=20
questioned until this fall.&nbsp; We were taught by one of the best, AL =
Lang who=20
prepares specimens for museums all over the planet in his world class=20
facilities.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you for your patience regarding =
Park=20
Forest.&nbsp; We are looking forward to getting caught up on other =
meteoritic=20
projects if this is a possibility.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wishing everybody success in their=20
endeavors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0570_01C2FE1B.7B66C520--