[meteorite-list] COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC

From: rochette <rochette_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:07 2004

Dear list

my message triggered a political burst on the list, with a lot of insulting
and some supporting messages (from people who prefer to be kept anonymous,
and I fully understand them). My message was not political, I did not
express any opinion on who is right who is wrong in this war. I just
expressed my deep disgust (too violently I acknowledge) in the confront of
the indecency of the offer to discuss the merit of the Iraki strewnfields,
while the blood pools in the streets are still fresh and more blood is yet
to come all around the country, disregarding the justification of these
facts. I was not insulting the USA nor its citizens, nor its army. I was
just asking some of you to be able to understand and respect the
contrasting feelings that occur all around the world, and that are shared
by some list members. Now if you feel that non patriotic US citizens should
quit the meteorite-list, it will be a pleasure for me to unsubscribe. I
have plenty of friends in the USA for me to discuss with and understand the
constrasting feelings there. I do not equate any given US citizen to its
government posture, so please (some of you) do not assume that any
frenchman is an enemy (and by the way I have not heard that my president
was a declared enemy of the USA).

Thanks!

Pierre