[meteorite-list] Fine example of "Don't Worry, Be Happy"...

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:07 2004

Good Saturday All;
Jerry, this looks like a river cobble that some of the small pebbles
have fallen out of. I wouldn't buy it, but you can buy it for $5 and
determine what it is though. Great disclaimer, why buy it with that?
There is another ebay meteorite/wrong up there too. Call me suspicious
but unless I seen it is from someone we know, I wouldn't buy it. Period.
   "Someone said, grandma found it, a rock shop said" ....in no way
makes a positive identification of a meteorite..........There are plenty
of list and non list members that do sell genuine meteorites, and
guarantee them, and do not have a full page disclaimer.....Doh!
Dave Freeman
Rock Springs, WY