[meteorite-list] Artifacts made from meteorites?

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:08 2004

Hi Charlie and LIST,
This guy is very slippery.
The seller 'silkarrow' also sells under the name 'asianartifacts888'.
He has sold many of the Adzes on Ebay.
I contacted him (Patrick McMakin) in July of last year and asked him to do
the magnet and streak test on a Adzes.
He said it was positive to the magnet and then he asked what the streak
colors meant.
I told him and never heard from him again until today.
I again asked him to do a streak test with the Adzes.
This was his answer:

Hi Ken: I am interested in your proposed test. What do the particular
colors indicate? I do not have a tile on
hand, but will see what I can do with the final lots next week--I have two
more lots which I will list before all are
gone. I cannot test this week's lots without a tile on hand, so please do
not bid if you have incomplete
knowledge. Thanks for your fine interest. Patrick

I think I am the 'expert' he refers to in his description. (who told him
about meteorites being magnetic.)
If the Adzes had passed the streak test, I'm sure that would be in the
description also.
I have a feeling that I will not hear from him as long as these are selling
well.( the last batch sold for $228.00)
However, if he does reply, I will let you know.
Best,
Ken
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/updates.html (half way down page)