[meteorite-list] Park Forest Authenticity

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:08 2004

Hello Everyone-
   I hope all of you are doing well on a beautiful
spring night. We have waited all winter for this (I
know I have).
   Recently I obtained two small individuals, maybe a
couple grams each, of Park Forest from a very sincere
gentleman that found them in Steger Illinois. Crust
looks real and is satin black. Interior where chipped
is soft white with a surgery texture; slight sparkle.
   My worry- they do not pass the magnetic attraction
test. I know the preliminary analysis of Park Forest
is LL- but how "LL" really is it?
   I have a couple of photos if any of you would like
to see them as I would really appreciate your
opinions. It would be fun sharing them with you.
   My question to those of you that have small similar
Park Forest individuals- do yours magnetically
attract?
   Thank you very much and take care,
Mike Groetz