[meteorite-list] I"m Back! (not fully though)

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:09 2004

Welcome back in the list Steve, I hope go all well in
future.
regards

Matteo

--- Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I want to thank all of those that sent me very kind
> regards while I was in the hospital, I received
> almost
> 100 and attempted to e-mail everyone. Some came
> back
> and if you did not receive a reply, I would like to
> thank you here and now.
>
> I have kept all of those e-mails, and I cannot
> express
> how much they meant to me, they literaly brought
> tears
> to my eyes. At the time, I could not read them, as
> could not read at all. So my wife read them to me,
> and she was in tears as well.
>
> Thank you everyone.
>
> Well, I am back here at the meteorite list. Not
> sure
> exactly where my brain is at as I am still in
> recovery.
>
> My writing is ok, and my immedaite reasoning is
> fine,
> but problem solving--- oh boy-- not so good.
>
> Looking forward to embarking on meteorite hunts,
> though my body needs some work. Being in the
> hospital
> for over a month was very hard on me.
>
> For those of you who might be wondering what
> happened.
>
> Simply--I contracted a case of ADEM, (Acute
> Disseminating Encephalo-mylitus) or something like
> it.
> The neurosurgeons are not certain what it was that
> got me, but it was very bad.
>
> I felt it coming on after working hard on a house
> that
> I had moved onto my property. I had spent 2 solid
> months working on the foundation pilliars putting in
> shims.
>
> The house in question is very historic, the home of
> Clyde Tombaugh the discoverer of Pluto. The
> interior
> is in virtually original condition as it was when he
> lived in it, and it has trememdous solid hard oak
> floors, and beautiful, 1900's chandaliers
>
> But the job is hard and I was at it hard. The
> doctors
> think that I contracted this bizzare form of
> encephalitis from a spider bite or mold. But they
> are
> not sure.
>
> What did happen was in the beginning of Jan, I was
> not
> feeling well. I thought that I was suffering a very
> bad case of fatigue. I was losing my abiliy to
> focus
> and especially solve problems.
>
> Then on Jan 5th, I thought to lay down on the couch
> for a much needed nap. I found that I "passed out"
> and awoke the next morning, Monday, Jan 6th. My
> wife
> had left me there rather than disturb me, and she
> went
> off to work, not returning until about 12.
>
> By then I was in serious trouble, and I had no idea
> what was wrong. A plant light came on and I found
> it
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/