[meteorite-list] Dinner with a True Gentleman......

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:10 2004

--part1_168.1d7f5f71.2bd4cab6_boundary

I just got home a few hours ago from Fort Worth, and dinner with Rob Elliott.
 It was a truly enjoyable and informative experience.

Upon hearing last week that Rob would be in the area, before he left for the
US, I emailed him that if his schedule allowed, I'd like to meet him in
person and perhaps talk about meteorites a bit. He let me know where he'd be
staying, and told me to call him later in the week.

I called him Friday evening, and he mentioned that he had a few more
commitments with the folks at TCU on Saturday, but that Sunday
afternoon/evening was open. Done deal.

I arrived at his hotel around 4PM and we spent about 45 minutes or so looking
over some wonderful (!!) meteorites from his dealings with the folks at TCU.
Then we headed out to nearby steakhouse for beef, margaritas, and more talk
about meteorites.

All in all, FAR TOO SHORT a get together, but a truly memorable experience.

Craig McDonald

--part1_168.1d7f5f71.2bd4cab6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I just got home a few hours ago from Fort Worth, and d=
inner with Rob Elliott.&nbsp; It was a truly enjoyable and informative exper=
ience.<BR>
<BR>
Upon hearing last week that Rob would be in the area, before he left for the=
 US, I emailed him that if his schedule allowed, I'd like to meet him in per=
son and perhaps talk about meteorites a bit.&nbsp; He let me know where he'd=
 be staying, and told me to call him later in the week.<BR>
<BR>
I called him Friday evening, and he mentioned that he had a few more commitm=
ents with the folks at TCU on Saturday, but that Sunday afternoon/evening wa=
s open.&nbsp; Done deal.<BR>
<BR>
I arrived at his hotel around 4PM and we spent about 45 minutes or so lookin=
g over some wonderful (!!) meteorites from his dealings with the folks at TC=
U.&nbsp; Then we headed out to nearby steakhouse for beef, margaritas, and m=
ore talk about meteorites.<BR>
<BR>
All in all, FAR TOO SHORT a get together, but a truly memorable experience.<=

<BR>
<BR>
Craig McDonald</FONT></HTML>

--part1_168.1d7f5f71.2bd4cab6_boundary--