[meteorite-list] Unique Stuff?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:10 2004

------_=_NextPart_000_00000729.3EA48072

bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de writes:

It's their provenance not their targets that
makes them peculiar for us
OK, but I'd pose the same question: if it were to be "raining rocks" in Karlsruhe, would
they really-and-truly be of absolutely no more interest to you than just another NWA of
precisely the same type/cassification? Gregory

Hm ... reminds me of the Neuschwanstein hype. I haven't been there yet after that
E chondrite fell. No, I don't think that an LL6 chondrite that fell in Karlsruhe (I'd prefer
Mannheim, my home town) would mean more to me than Park Forest or Thuathe.

Not so sure about Mannheim because there are "emotional ties" - but: again:
it's the place that would hook me ... not an object that might be hit. Michelle's
car does not appeal very much to me, ... the Peekskill video, however, does!

Best regards,

Bernd

------_=_NextPart_000_00000729.3EA48072

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de writes:<BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
TYPE=3D"CITE">It's their provenance not their targets that<BR>makes them
  peculiar for us</BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>OK, but I'd pose the same question:&nbsp; if it were to be "raining rocks"
in Karlsruhe, would</DIV>
<DIV>they really-and-truly be of absolutely no more interest to you than just
another NWA of</DIV>
<DIV>precisely the same type/cassification?&nbsp;&nbsp;Gregory</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hm ... reminds me of the Neuschwanstein hype. I haven't been there yet
after that</DIV>
<DIV>E chondrite fell.&nbsp; No, I don't think that an LL6&nbsp;chondrite that
fell in&nbsp;Karlsruhe (I'd prefer</DIV>
<DIV>Mannheim, my home town) would mean more to me than Park Forest or
Thuathe.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Not so sure about Mannheim because there are "emotional ties" - but: again:
</DIV>
<DIV>it's the place that would hook me ... not an object that might be hit.
Michelle's</DIV>
<DIV>car does not appeal very much to me, ... the Peekskill video, however,
does!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best regards,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bernd<BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>
------_=_NextPart_000_00000729.3EA48072--