[meteorite-list] it is all in but the final vote

From: Philip R. Burns <pib_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:11 2004

At 09:59 PM 4/21/2003 -0400, MeteorHntr_at_aol.com wrote:

>Hello steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com,
>
>In reference to your comment:
>
>=E8 Hi list.I just got word that the Park Forest fall is going
>=E8 to be classified as an L5 impact melt breccia
>
>Hello List,
>
>How many L5 impact melt breccias are there?
>
>How many impcat melt breccia witnessed falls are there?

I believe the only "pure" L5 impact melt (prior to Park Forest) is Cat=20
Mountain. Some specimens of Rio Limay may contain L5 impact melt=20
material. Neither Rio Limay nor Cat Mountain was a witnessed fall,=20
although Cat Mountain may have been found within a day of its fall.

Witnessed falls considered to contain impact melt material include Abee,=20
Madrid (1896), Norton County, and Rose City. Anyone know of any others?

-- Philip R. "Pib" Burns
    pib_at_pibburns.com
    http://www.pibburns.com/