[meteorite-list] Diagnosed !

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:46 2004

To the List, Ok, OK,
I know I'm new to the list, but I think I may have tuned in late this
time. I went from reading about a contest involving " sample prizes ",
for finishing the question, "if collecting
were like sex.......? to somebody burning up Art's guitar, to, avoiding
the crust at all costs but lets retain moral fiber, pull my finger.
At first I was just confused, what do you expect from someone who can't
yet tell an "erratic", from an actual meteorite "find", without help
from Steve Schoner. But I think I've figured it out.
Yup!!! It's got to be the worst case of (gasp!)............"Meteorite
Maddness" I've ever heard of ! And you know what's really scary?
I hear there is no known cure, except for one thing. Another fireball,
to bring everybody out of thier post-traumatic adrenaline crash now that
Forrest Park is over. I did some research and found out that the
symptoms can be reduced however, with what is offered over the counter
as.............. a good sense of humor (or a contest is often soothing I
hear). But then, you guys already knew that huh?
                                                                       Well
I can see that collecting is alot more complex than I thought. I have a
lot to learn, but I will admit, you guys (and gals) had me worried for a
minute. Congrats to the lucky winner ! Marcie