[meteorite-list] Impact Melt Breccia Statistics

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:08 2004

--Boundary_(ID_P1PEQpObxhADFrbAb4U4Ow)

Hi Pekka and All,

I see that Bison is on your list. Where did the information about it being
an IMB come from? Here is a pic of my Bison slice:

http://aristotle.isu.edu/bison.jpg

As you can see it is a colorful piece with loads of activity. The blue cube
is 1cm^3. I would like to read more about its IMB status.

Cheers and thanks,

Martin

On 4/23/03 4:31 AM, "Pekka Savolainen" <pekka.savolainen_at_dlc.fi> wrote:

>=20
>=20
> Well, there are several imb:s, but as far as I know, the only L5 imb
> this far has been Cat Mountain.
>=20
> Some in other groups;
>=20
> - L imb, Caldwelll
> - LL6 imb, Bison
> - H5-6 imb, Smyer
> - H6 imb, Orvinio
>=20
> + NWA 722 and PAT 91501 are L imb:s,
>=20
> also in LUN and EH can be found some. Don=B4t know exactly,
> what this list means with Impact Melt Breccia, perhaps just ones
> with no other classification? There may be some new classifica-
> tions added, because the list ends in 1999.
>=20
>=20
> pekka
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Ryan Darby wrote:
>> Back to a question from a few days ago =AD how many Impact Melt Breccia=B9s,=
 like
>> Forest Park .
>>=20
>> =20
>>=20
>> According to this site, up to 1999, there have been 2 :
>>=20
>> =20
>>=20
>> http://www.ticetboo.demon.co.uk/mstats.htm
>>=20
>> =20
>>=20
>> Still trying to figure their tables out, but these are nice stats anyway=
.

--Boundary_(ID_P1PEQpObxhADFrbAb4U4Ow)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [meteorite-list] Impact Melt Breccia Statistics</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE="Verdana">Hi Pekka and All,<BR>
<BR>
I see that Bison &nbsp;is on your list. Where did the information about it being an IMB come from? Here is a pic of my Bison slice:<BR>
<BR>
http://aristotle.isu.edu/bison.jpg<BR>
<BR>
As you can see it is a colorful piece with loads of activity. The blue cube is 1cm^3. &nbsp;I would like to read more about its IMB status.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers and thanks,<BR>
<BR>
Martin<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 4/23/03 4:31 AM, &quot;Pekka Savolainen&quot; &lt;pekka.savolainen_at_dlc.fi&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana"><BR>
<BR>
Well, there are several imb:s, but as far as I know, &nbsp;the only L5 imb <BR>
this far has been Cat Mountain.<BR>
<BR>
Some in other groups;<BR>
<BR>
- L imb, Caldwelll<BR>
- LL6 imb, Bison<BR>
- H5-6 imb, Smyer<BR>
- H6 imb, Orvinio<BR>
<BR>
+ NWA 722 and PAT 91501 are L imb:s,<BR>
<BR>
also in &nbsp;LUN and &nbsp;EH can be found some. Don&acute;t know exactly,<BR>
what this list means with Impact Melt Breccia, perhaps just ones<BR>
with no other classification? &nbsp;There may be some new classifica-<BR>
tions added, because the list ends in 1999.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
pekka<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Ryan Darby wrote:<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana"><FONT SIZE="2">Back to a question from a few days ago &#8211; how many Impact Melt Breccia&#8217;s, like Forest Park .<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"> <BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE="2">According to this site, up to 1999, there have been 2 :<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"> <BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE="2">http://www.ticetboo.demon.co.uk/mstats.htm <BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE="2"> <BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE="2">Still trying to figure their tables out, but these are nice stats anyway. <BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_P1PEQpObxhADFrbAb4U4Ow)--