[Fwd: [meteorite-list] Park Forest splash forms update]

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:10 2004

--------------D81064E16D7494C492C0CC36

Sorry, I meant to send this to the list also. dr

--------------D81064E16D7494C492C0CC36

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:56:59 +0900
From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_tkc.att.ne.jp>
To: j.divelbiss_at_att.net
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Park Forest splash forms update

Dear List Members,
   It would be a first! But, here are some arguments against:
1) Meteorites (small ones) are cold or warm at best when they strike, therefore
not shedding tektites.
2) The airflow train following the meteorite would be turbulent and materials
would not be following it, especially ones of 100um in size.
3) Dow Corning shingles and glass insulaton contain glass fibers and blobs of
glass looking like tektites.
     Let us wait and see. Dirk Ross...Tokyo