[meteorite-list] >> From the Admin - Archives, List, Contests, etc.

From: ajones_at_siliconspace.com <ajones_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:10 2004

Greetings Everyone;

I am currently in the process of repairing the archives once again for
April. Hopefully there will be a solution on the next day or so. The
problem is with the number of posts hitting the List this month. This has
caused archive problems as well as issues with list functionality such as
subscribe/unsubscribe. The traffic is mostly attributed to the Park Forest
fall but does bring up a good point. This mailing list does get pretty
heavy use and things will start to break when the volume gets extremely
heavy (its not on a high-volume list server).

Please keep this in mind when starting threads that will undoubtedly
generate tons of mail (i.e. a contest, etc.). While these can be
interesting, they tend to bog down the system and then things start to
break. In the future, if anyone thinks of a cool contest, please let me
know ahead of time so I can think about how the list's performance may be
affected.

Thanks!

Art
Meteorite Central