[meteorite-list] Tektites and Park Forest continued...

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:10 2004

My guess is that these are natural to the fall.
Spalled off particles from the bolide's wake. The
nice thing, if this is true, is that the event fell
over a populated area. Lots of houses and streets and
people aware enough to spot these small objects.

Most meteorite falls probably produce them, too. But
who would notice them in an open field, when they are
looking for much larger meteorites?

Steve Schoner
http://www.geocities.com/meteorite_identification
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey