[meteorite-list] Nannobacteria images

From: walter branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:10 2004

Hello Everyone,

Here are some interesting images of nannobacteria,
with references to Allende, Murchison and ALH84001:

http://www.msstate.edu/dept/geosciences/4site/photo_gallery.htm

Also, don't miss this page:

http://www.msstate.edu/dept/geosciences/4site/Space/bugs_in_space_tripeframe.htm

which likens the textures seen in ALH84001 to acid etching.

(Disclaimer Note: I am note endorsing any viewpoint with regard to the
presence or absence of nannobacteria in any meteorite. Just providing
food for thought)

Sorry abut the word wrap thing, but just copy-and-paste.

A note about Allende.

Be careful with large slices of Allende. I have had two large slices
of Allende in the past which were broken when I passed them around
in middle school classrooms. I was heartbroken and I eventually sold
the pieces. I was very mad with myself for being so careless. One was
a gorgous piece I got from Al Mitterling (Al has good, quality material
BTW).

I am once again looking for a large slice or endpiece which will not leave
my
hands when I take it to schools. If anyone (Al, please tell me you have more
:-)
has a large piece for sale, please contact me with pictures and best price.

-Walter