[meteorite-list] Tasteless contests -- a commentary

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:10 2004

Admittedly, the "If meteorites were like sex" thread devolved into tackiness
pretty fast, but it DID provoke discussion. It also brought in comments
from people I have never before seen posting to the List, whether completely
new or previously confined to lurking only. If you are completely new,
welcome! Please be advised that this is not the usual type of posts you can
expect, but occasionally (thankfully not often) the List does dip into the
lower levels, including dumb comments, backbiting, snideness, and the
outright flame. If you have simply not posted before, we're sorry you felt
compelled to break silence by the recent contest, and not in response to one
of the more erudite posts. At any rate, we hope to hear more from you,
preferably under more congenial circumstances.

Tracy Latimer