[meteorite-list] moldavite splashforms w/ artifacts. Inquiry?

From: Edward R. Hodges <edwardrhodges1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:11 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C30CC8.08DE8860

I understand that moldavite often takes the impression of the surface it =
lands on after it's molten flight. I was wondering if anyone can direct =
me to an example where the moldavite and artifact had been collected =
together. In other words, who knows of a moldavite with impressions that =
is kept in a collection together with the item that made the impression. =
I hope that made sense. Anyway, I had heard about impressions in =
moldavite, but had never viewed the evidence myself. Thanks.-Edward
=20
Edward R. Hodges
www.meteoriteonline.com
IMCA #4173

P.S.- I'm running a contest for the most truly tasteless contest ever =
posted to the list, with as many annoying follow up posts as possible =
until my inbox is full of sophomoric humor and fart jokes. The winner =
will receive a micromount that I bought on ebay last night after =
repeatedly posting to the list requesting info on said micromount. Be =
sure to write your subject line in all caps, and carefully print totally =
unrelated details about whatever you feel like. I'll be waiting.

This is a joke, please do not send any posts or replies to me or the =
list related to the little point I'm trying to make. Just sick of the =
wasteful posts. I guess it's a trade-off like anything else. I really =
like the list, it is a great source of information and contact with =
those in the meteoritic world. It's such a real bonus to have access to, =
and I guess it even makes up for the junk in my inbox, but you gotta =
blow off some steam when you just can't take it anymore. Thanks =
Art!!!!!!

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C30CC8.08DE8860

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black">I understand that moldavite often takes =
the=20
impression of the surface it lands on after it's molten flight.&nbsp; I =
was=20
wondering if anyone can direct me to an example where the moldavite and =
artifact=20
had been collected together. In other words, who knows of a moldavite =
with=20
impressions that is kept in a collection together with the item that =
made the=20
impression. I hope that made sense. Anyway, I had heard about =
impressions in=20
moldavite, but had never viewed the evidence myself. =
Thanks.-Edward</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black">&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black">Edward R. Hodges</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black"><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteonline.com">www.meteoriteonline.com</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black">IMCA #4173</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black">P.S.- I'm running a contest for the most =
truly=20
tasteless contest ever posted to the list, with as many annoying follow =
up posts=20
as possible until my inbox is full of sophomoric humor and fart jokes. =
The=20
winner will receive a micromount that I bought on ebay last night after=20
repeatedly posting to the list requesting info on said micromount. Be =
sure to=20
write your subject line in all caps, and carefully print totally =
unrelated=20
details about whatever you feel like. I'll be waiting.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black">This is a joke, please do not send any =
posts or=20
replies to me or the list related to the little point I'm trying to =
make. Just=20
sick of the&nbsp;wasteful posts. I guess it's a trade-off like anything =
else. I=20
really like the list, it is a great source of information and contact =
with those=20
in the meteoritic world. It's such a real bonus to have access to, and I =
guess=20
it even makes up for the junk in my inbox, but you gotta blow off some =
steam=20
when you just can't take it anymore. Thanks Art!!!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Black"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C30CC8.08DE8860--