[meteorite-list] Desiccants

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:11 2004

Hi Bob,

I just saw a brand of kitty litter that was almost totally silica gel. I
think it was about $10 a bag. I don't remember the poundage of the bag, but
I suspect it was at least 10 pounds. There was nothing on the bag indicating
it was anything more than silica gel.

Anyone know more about this? It could be the cheapest source of desiccant on
the planet.

Cheers,

Martin