[meteorite-list] HTML in list postings

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:14:09 2004

--part1_12b.28e47d05.2be1a081_boundary

martino.6_at_osu.edu writes:

> I don't want to name names, but a whole BUNCH of people here need to check
> out their preferences to make sure they're not posting HTML code along with
> their list messages.

As I mentioned the last time this subject was raised, those of us with AOL
7.0 or higher have no choice. Several AOL-versions back, there were options
to turn off HTML, but anyone using v. 7.0 or 8.0 is locked into it. So Art,
do all AOL-users need to unsubscribe from your list? Or do they really need
to re-subscribe with a new hotmail or yahoo account? Or is it possible
perhaps for the list and some of its users to upgrade toward
HTML-compatibility, rather than for some to downgrade, or worse yet, to
disappear entirely?

(I suspect this will be a tempting target for AOL-haters, but try to resist
;-)

       Gregory

--part1_12b.28e47d05.2be1a081_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
martino.6_at_osu.edu writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I don't want to name names, but=
 a whole BUNCH of people here need to check out their preferences to make su=
re they're not posting HTML code along with their list messages. </BLOCKQUOT=
E><BR>
<BR>
As I mentioned the last time this subject was raised, those of us with AOL 7=
.0 or higher have no choice.&nbsp; Several AOL-versions back, there were opt=
ions to turn off HTML, but anyone using v. 7.0 or 8.0 is locked into it.&nbs=
p; So Art, do all AOL-users need to unsubscribe from your list?&nbsp;&nbsp;=20=
Or do they really need to re-subscribe with a new hotmail or yahoo account?&=
nbsp; Or is it possible perhaps for the list and some of its users to upgrad=
e <I>toward</I> HTML-compatibility, rather than for some to downgrade<I>,</I=
> or worse yet, to disappear entirely?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
(I suspect this will be a tempting target for AOL-haters, but try to resist&=
nbsp; ;-)<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12b.28e47d05.2be1a081_boundary--