[meteorite-list] OT Important eBay policy change for email-based ID members.

From: LITIG8NSHARK_at_aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:30 2004

--part1_142.16d09e55.2c63a551_boundary

Good morning Folks,

I apologize for the off topic post but this is the easiest way to get the
word out about an important and recent change in eBay policy as regards user IDs.

eBay is in the process of eliminating the use of user IDs that incorporate an
email address in them. (For example, my eBay ID for more than 3 years has
been "Litig8nshark_at_aol.com".....an email-based user ID. I simply changed my user
ID to "Litig8nshark"). In a few short months those few folks that still use
an email-based user ID will no longer be able to sign onto eBay with that ID
and eBay will simply issue you a random ID.

The easiest way to maintain your name recognition on eBay is to simply drop
the characters in your present ID that include and follow "_at_" in your present
ID. If you are affected by this new policy you need to change your eBay ID
immediately, before someone else takes your preferred user ID.

The following link will take you to an eBay information page which explains
in greater detail the policy change. <A HREF="http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml?ssPageName=CMDV:PS030804#20030801173222">Community : News : General Announcement
Board</A> Look for the title "Trust and Safety Initiative, Email Address
Transition...." located about one-quarter way down the page.

Alternatively, you can just click on the Preferences tab in "My eBay" and
click on "Change my user ID." Your feedback will follow to your new user ID. As
a side note, be sure to update any non-eBay seller tools (such as Andale) you
might use with your new eBay ID as well so that your pending auction listings
will not be interrupted.

Best Regards,

Paul Martyn
Litig8nshark_at_aol.com

--part1_142.16d09e55.2c63a551_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000ff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Good morning Folks,<BR>
<BR>
I apologize for the off topic post but this is the easiest way to get the wo=
rd out about an important and recent change in eBay policy as regards user I=
Ds.<BR>
<BR>
eBay is in the process of eliminating the use of user IDs that incorporate a=
n email address in them. (For example, my eBay ID for more than 3 years has=20=
been "Litig8nshark_at_aol.com".....an email-based user ID.&nbsp; I simply chang=
ed my user ID to "Litig8nshark").&nbsp; In a few short months those few folk=
s that still use an email-based user ID will no longer be able to sign onto=20=
eBay with that ID <B><U>and</B></U> eBay will simply issue you a random ID.<=

<BR>
The easiest way to maintain your name recognition on eBay is to simply drop=20=
the characters in your present ID that include and follow "_at_" in your presen=
t ID.&nbsp; If you are affected by this new policy you need to change your e=
Bay ID immediately, before someone else takes your preferred user ID.<BR>
<BR>
The following link will take you to an eBay information page which explains=20=
in greater detail the policy change.&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF=3D"http://www2.ebay=
.com/aw/marketing.shtml?ssPageName=3DCMDV:PS030804#20030801173222">Community=
 : News : General Announcement Board</A></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000ff" styl=
e=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial"=
 LANG=3D"0">&nbsp;&nbsp; Look for the title "Trust and Safety Initiative, Em=
ail Address Transition...." located about one-quarter way down the page.<BR>
<BR>
Alternatively, you can just click on the Preferences tab in "My eBay" and cl=
ick on "Change my user ID."&nbsp; Your feedback <U>will</U> follow to your n=
ew user ID.&nbsp; As a side note, be sure to update any non-eBay seller tool=
s (such as Andale) you might use with your new eBay ID as well so that your=20=
pending auction listings will not be interrupted.<BR>
<BR>
Best Regards,<BR>
<BR>
Paul Martyn<BR>
Litig8nshark_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_142.16d09e55.2c63a551_boundary--