[meteorite-list] Meteorite Law

From: Nick Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:31 2004

I wonder if Douglas Schmitt's &quot;interviews&quot; could in any stretch
of the term be considered &quot;a scientific sample?&quot;<br>
Does he even attempt a qualitative and quantitative assessment of the
&quot;contributions to the field&quot; by finders, collectors, dealers,
academics, scientists, etc?<br><br>
Byron Groves gives an encouraging interpretation of Meteorite Law on his
website:<br>
Byron's bottom line:<br>
<i>Based on the skimpy facts, my conclusion would be that the finder
rightful on the land would have as much ownership of the find as could be
owned. <br><br>
</i>Let's keep our community united in diversity!<br>
Nick</html>