[meteorite-list] OT: metal detector giveaway!

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:31 2004

Aloha!
When we bought our house, it was an estate sale. The former owner was
eccentric; among the things we acquired with the house were 3 metal
detectors: a Micronta 4003, a Search Master Treasure Tracker DX 4000, and a
Heathkit Groundtrack VLF. We are keeping at least one of these, but the
Micronta has a damaged battery connection. If anyone likes to tinker with
metal detectors, you may have the Micronta for only the cost of shipping to
you (I estimate about $15 within the US); first one to respond gets it, and
I will either send you my address to mail a check, or give you my Paypal
contact information.

On a side note, we aren't convinced either of the other two detectors are
functional. Despite replacing the batteries in the Heathkit, no amount of
tweaking has gotten a response from it, and the Search Master seems to have
only two settings, off and BUZZ. We don't have the original instructions
for either machine, so if anyone can e-mail me general instructions for
using metal detectors of these types, or direct me to websites with said
instructions, I would be grateful.

Tracy Latimer